St Catherine’s College, The Whitsundays has a very special place in the history of the Whitsundays. Established as a small convent school by the Sisters of Mercy in 1925, our college has grown to be a co-educational Catholic college for students from Prep to Year 11 in 2016, through to Year 12 in 2017. With dedicated precincts for each stage of their schooling, children at St Catherine’s are provided with an education that is more than just academic.
We use our college values of Excellence, Justice, Compassion, and Community to inspire and guide the character, talents, and aspirations of our young students. Parents and staff work together at encouraging each child to reach their full potential, so they can confidently meet the opportunities and responsibilities of today and their future.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
A rewarding opportunity
As Principal, you will lead a team of experienced educators who are dedicated to ensuring our students are provided with the very best opportunities to achieve their individual goals in a positive, safe and supportive environment. In addition, the Townsville Diocese, provides support to you through its operational arm, the Townsville Catholic Education Office. This support takes the form of expertise in Learning and Teaching, Catholic Identity, Indigenous Education, School Development and Organisational Services, including, ICT, Finance, Human Resources and Student Protection.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach and able to develop your staff using effective feedback
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $147,888 - $161,795 (depending on experience)
- PAR 5 Allowance - $11,335, ITAS Allowance
- Access to College Vehicle with a contribution to FBT
- Professional Renewal Leave
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume with contact details of two referees (one being your current line manager and the other your Parish Priest)
- Upload a covering letter. In no more than 2 A4 pages, your covering letter must provide clear evidence of your demonstrated ability to lead a school in the following key leadership areas:
- Faith and Mission leadership
- Educational leadership
- Staff and community leadership
Please refer to the Position Description and Catholic School Leadership Framework to support your response.
The successful applicant will be required to commence Term 1 2020.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Laurence Hosking on 07 4773 0900
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Application close: 4pm Friday 11th October 2019.
School Leadership Framework
TCEO Strategic Direction 2017 - 2021
To find out more about the Region visit
Things to do in the Whitsundays
Living in the Whitsundays