Assistant Principal - Pastoral
Position: Assistant Principal - Pastoral
Salary Range: $115,910 - $121,610
Tenure: Full-time (5 Year Contract)
Commencing Date: January 2020
Location: Ingham, QLD
Closing Date: Friday 4th October 2019
Gilroy Santa Maria College is a co-educational Catholic College administered by Townsville Catholic Education with a current enrolment of approximately 300 students. We are recognised throughout Northern Queensland as a school that has achieved great success in the academic, cultural, sporting and vocational fields over the past 60 years. Our curriculum is broad, allowing for the development of students in many areas. We have a skilled Student Support Services Team available to provide counselling, career advice and learning support for students, parents and teachers.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications for an Assistant Principal - Pastoral to commence within our diocese in 2020 for a 5 Year Contract.
The purpose of the position is to exercise leadership and assist with the management of the school in accordance with Catholic Education policy and in consultation with other stakeholders as appropriate and with due reference to Catholic Education structures, processes and practices.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach able to respond clearly and able to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Promotes the Catholic vision in the school's goals, policies, programs and structures
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $115,910 - $121,610 (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a current resume
- Complete a written response (in no more than two pages) addressing the below
- What is your educational vision/philosophy?
- How will you foster the Catholic life and identity of the school?
- How will your leadership skills contribute to the success of the school?
The successful applicant will be required to commence in 2020.
Further information about the role and diocese
- For a confidential conversation please contact Stephanie Giorcelli on 07 4773 0900
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications will close 4pm Friday 4th October 2019.
Interviews to be held Monday 14th October 2019.